California Center for Pituitary Disorders
An estimated 98 of 100,000 people have a pituitary tumor, suggesting that such tumors are more common than previously suspected. Abnormal menses, erectile dysfunction and visual disturbances are the most common symptoms of pituitary disease that may go untreated for years before the proper diagnosis is made.
WHY REFER TO UCSF?
- Largest practice for pituitary disorders in the United States
- Performs more pituitary surgeries than any other medical center in the U.S.
- Superior results on all relevant measures (complication rate, hormonal control and restoration of pituitary function)
- Long-term management of pituitary patients facilitated through superior outcomes
- Experience in managing hypopituitarism and residual hormone hypersecretion
- Worldwide reputation of endocrinologists and neurosurgeons